Microsoft Exchange Server allows secure access to the Outlook e-mail account from remote locations. Smartphones, such as the iPhone, offer advanced connectivity and features that allow you to navigate your phone as if it were a home computing computer. Outlook calendar, tasks, and emails can be synced with your phone for quick retrieval. Whether traveling for business or running errands all day, keep track of important business and personal emails by setting up your Outlook account on your iPhone using Microsoft Exchange.
Steps to Setup MS Outlook in Microsoft Exchange Server on an iPhone?
- Tap the “Settings” icon on your iPhone screen. Tap “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” from the “Settings” menu.
- Select “Add Account” under the submenu of “Accounts”. Tap the “Microsoft Exchange” icon.
- Enter your Outlook email address at the top of the “Exchange” screen.
- Type the domain address associated with the Microsoft Exchange Server. The domain is as “servername.yourdomainname.com.”
- Enter your username and password in the appropriate spaces. Your username entered when you log into your Outlook webmail account. If you have multiple Microsoft Exchange accounts, add a description or nickname for this account.
- Tap “Next” to check the account settings. Your email account listed under “Accounts” in the “Mail, Contacts and Calendar” menu.
- Tap the “Email” icon to check Outlook email.
If the account settings cannot be verified with your username, password, domain, and email address. You prompted to enter the server name for the Microsoft Exchange account (server.company.com). Obtain this address by contacting your IP administrator or Microsoft Exchange Customer Service if you are an authorized user on the account.
Sarah Johnson is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Samuel has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as www.office.com/setup, Office.com/setup