What is Microsoft Exchange Server Error 0x80040600?
If you happen to run into Microsoft Exchange Server 0X80040600 errors when trying to receive, send or read email in Microsoft Outlook, don’t be too intimidated. This error occurs when the PST file gets damaged. PST file stores data used by Microsoft Outlook such as contacts, email, and calendar information. This error is correctable by running the Inbox Repair Tool, which is integrated into Microsoft Outlook.
Steps to Fix Microsoft Exchange Server Error 0x8040600
View hidden files
- Click the “Start” menu and select “Control Panel“.
- Tap on “Appearance and Personalization” and click “Folder Options”.
- Click the “View” tab at the top.
- In “Advanced Settings“, click “Show hidden files and folders“. Click “OK“.
Repair the. PST file
- Exit Microsoft Outlook if the application is still running.
- Find the Outlook PST file by first clicking on the “Start” menu and “Control Panel“. If you see “Control Panel Home”, click “User Accounts and Family Safety.” Otherwise, click “Mail“. Click on “Data Files,” “Personal Folders” and “Settings”.
- Copy the text that appears in the “File Name” box. This is the location of the PST file. Click “OK” and then “Close” twice.
- Find the “scanpst.exe” file. Click on the “Start” menu and type “scanpst.exe” in the search box. Double-click the file to start the Inbox Repair Tool.
- Enter the path to the file copied in step 3 in the “Enter the name of the file you want to scan” input box. Click on “Start“. When finished the Inbox Repair Tool, click “OK“. You should now be able to read, send, and receive emails without receiving error 0X80040600.
If the PST file is larger than 2GB, it is possible that the Inbox Repair Tool will no longer function correctly.